Merlin’s Forge is a Minecraft mod that:
- speeds up repetitive, routine tasks
- adds layers of protection against hostile mobs
- adds “invincible” villagers with more useful trades and “Casper the friendly Ghast” that fire bombs hostile mobs
- makes passive mob spawning available to the player
- adds a rail track layer that also serves as a mining tool
- provides over 100 schematic structures that can be loaded on command
Consider the mod to be in “beta test” mode but fairly safe to use.
Merlin’s Forge is also a web site that provides helps and resources to Minecraft players and new “modders” who would like to write their own modifications.
The author is a retired person who has had to teach himself Java and Minecraft modding by reverse engineering mods written by others. He has tried not to violate code sharing restrictions but rather use other’s mods to discover Minecraft features and how they can be enhanced.